Apart from being a great learning tool, the jamstik+ can also act as a controller for your favorite synthesizers. The SampleTank app from IK Multimedia is one of our favorite compatible iOS apps for recording high-quality melodies, riffs, and grooves with the jamstik+. While we appreciate the extensive library of available sounds to choose from, finding the best sounding patches can be time consuming and overwhelming—so we've put together 10 of our favorite sounds that make the jamstik+ shine!
There are two versions of the app available for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad—which differ only by the number of sounds included. The full version will cost you $19.99 and has 140 instruments distributed between 17 categories. The free version will get you basic entry to the app, and comes with 27 instruments distributed between 16 instrument categories.
Check out the video below to hear samples of the patches demoed on the jamstik+.
1. Acoustic Heaven (Paid) - Acoustic heaven is the perfect balance of highs and lows that many modern singer-songwriters aim to replicate when it comes to professional acoustic guitar tones.
2. HP lead 2 (Free)- HP Lead 2 is an awesome fusion of a classic analog synth and clean-electro keys. Spice up one of your tracks or give your live show that distinct synth lead with this high quality instrument.
3. LP trem guitar (Paid) - This sample is useful for ambient guitar tones with ample sustain. It offers a warm rounded tremolo tone and is a great option for many different genres of music.
4. LP crunch DLY guitar - (Free) - The LP crunch DLY guitar is a beautiful mixture of powerful distorted tones and the modern blues-guitar sound, making it an excellent instrument for any blues-rockers out there.
5. Breathy Flute DLY - (Free) - Want to surprise your audience at a live show? Or are you searching for one last sound for a track? The Breathy Flute is so realistic you might think you're blowing into a flute rather than playing a Midi guitar.
6. Euro Saw Pad - (Free) - For those wanting to use the jamstik+ as a synthesizer, look no further than the Euro Saw Pad. It's a great option for creation compelling EDM synth tracks.
7. Fast Violin - (Paid) - If you're looking for a high-quality, robust, violin sample that integrates with the jamstik's software well, this is the right sample patch for you. Thanks to the jamstik's ability to detect hammer-ons and string bend, you might actually feel like you're playing a real violin.
8. Blue Phaser EP - (Free) - The Blue Phaser EP is filled with smooth, vibrant sounds. If you're looking to add a mellow touch check out the Blue Phaser EP keyboard for some accompaniment.
9. Koto - (Free) - The Koto instrument is a traditional Japanese stringed instrument derived from the Chinese zheng. EDM groups like ODESZA have incorporated this ancient sound into their own music, blending today's new electronic vibe with old middle eastern instruments and samples.
10. Thicker Pick Guitar - (Free) - This heavy acoustic guitar tone has a wide range of high-quality acoustic tones compacted into this sound.
If you're not currently a SampleTank iOS user and want to learn more, download the free version here and paid version here.
Already a SampleTank user? Hit us up on social media and let us know some of your favorite sounds to play with the jamstik+!
For all of GarageBand's amazing features and improvements, there's one place where some users believe GarageBand falls flat quickly; drum sounds. This blog is going to walk through a specific AudioUnit Extension enabled app, UVI's BeatHawk, to play new drum sounds in GarageBand like a software plugin.
If you've wanted to use the jamstik+ for composition or notation, Guitar Pro 7 allows you to do exactly that for guitar, bass, drum, or keyboard using tablature and/or standard notation!