The jamstik+ is a Bluetooth Smart Enabled digital guitar with real strings and frets. The innovative, light-sensing fretboard "sees" your finger placement and provides instant feedback for users via the free companion app series.
At just over 16 inches long, the Jamstik+ is the most portable option of the Jamstik product line. Take it with you in your backpack or travel case so you can practice and play wherever you go.
The Jamstik+ is more than a guitar. It is a MIDI controller, which means it can sound like almost any instrument you can think of. Compatible with 100s of apps including GarageBand, Loopy, SampleTank, Ableton Live, and more you can create virtually any sound you can think of.
The new jamstik+ is available for lefty players here. The lefty version is functional with the jamstik+ and jamTutor apps, as well as GarageBand, Logic Pro X, and other MIDI apps as you would expect.
It's important to us that your experience is what you expect, so before purchasing a lefty model, please consider the following points:
1. Because we use the same mold for left & right handed models, the d-pad will be situated on the underside of the jamstik+. It is a bit less accessible but is still useful once the positions are learned.
2. While we do support lefty in our jamTutor and jamstik+ apps, please understand that only the jamstik+ app provides a fretboard flipping solution. The fretboard display will appear reversed in jamTutor.
3. We have 3D printed additional strap buttons that will be included in all lefty units to allow for a more comfortable playing experience. These can fit into any screw hole on the jamstik+.
Unfortunately, the original WiFi model does not support left-handed play.
The jamstik+ uses a standard rechargeable Lithium ion Battery.
The jamstik uses analog sensors. This means that instead of being on and off, the jamstik can detect precise finger movement and detailed expression such as string bending and vibrato.
We have multiple patents on a method to precisely detect the position of a fingertip. It uses a small amount of infrared light that makes a fingertip glow, and receptors can then read where the fingertip is, tracking its movements.
No, just like a lot of MIDI keyboards, you'll have to connect it to a device (smartphone, tablet, laptop/desktop computer) running our apps or third-party software to create the sound.
Yes, you can use headphones—one of the main reasons to use the Jamstik is because you can have a private playing experience! That said, you cannot plug headphones directly into the Jamstik. Instead, just plug them into the device your Jamstik is connected to.
Note: You'll want to use a wired connection (aux cord) instead of Bluetooth headphones.
We made the jamstik+ 5 frets for portability, and so it could easily fit in a backpack for playing on-the-go. When learning guitar for the first time, it is important to get to know the chords that can be made in the first five frets. Within the first five frets, you can also learn movable “barre chords” that can be applied to the entire guitar neck.
Is the jamstik+ limited to a 5 fret range?
Nope, the jamstik+ can remap its five fret range, so the entire MIDI note spectrum is available. You can either change the tuning settings via our official jamstik+ app, or using the jamstik's four directional D-Pad that serves as an electronic "capo" that can shift the note range up and down the guitar neck and into other octaves.
What is Firmware?
The basic definition of Firmware is the programming inside the main chip that makes the jamstik run. Firmware updates can be used to add functionality, fix bugs, and add fine-tune the performance of the device. You've probably updated your iPhone or iPad before, from version 7 to 8, or 8 to 9. It's the same idea with the jamstik+, it's always getting better!
You ONLY need to update your firmware when you see a yellow button with "Important Firmware Update Available"
How do I update the firmware from the mobile app?
1. Select the "Important firmware update" button
2. Firmware update will proceed
3. Once completed your jamstik+ will power off
4. Power on your jamstik+
5. Reconnect & enjoy your new Firmware!
How do I update the firmware from the Chrome Browser?
1. Connect your Jamstik to your computer via USB.
2. Power on your jamstik+.
3. Sign into play.jamstik.com.
4.From your Quick Links dashboard click on Firmware.
5. Follow on screen prompts.
6. Reconnect & enjoy your new Firmware!